Chapter Leader – Bishop’s University Alumni Association
The Chapter Leader plays a key role in the Alumni Association’s Executive Committee. You are the Association’s ambassador in your region and are responsible for building and maintaining the enthusiasm of alumni in your community in a way that contributes to the association’s mission of having the most engaged alumni in the nation.
You’ll open career doors for others; you’ll collaborate with local programs like the Jump mentorship and networking program; you’ll give back to your community and you’ll encourage alumni of all generations to maintain a close connection to one another in a way that contributes to the ongoing success of the University.
- Identify 1-2 local ambassadors of different generations, to help with the below and ensure that we’re engaging a diverse alumni community.
- Collaborate with local Jump leadership to drive mutual success and opportunity.
- Ensure that young alumni are welcomed to the local community and are set up for success upon graduation.
- Act as a networking ambassador and open career doors and opportunities for others through mutual connections and introductions.
- Occasionally attend and speak at local recruiting events, in partnership with admissions.
- Offer and action unique ideas to engage a diverse community of alumni, during and beyond the pandemic (virtual events, panel discussions, etc.)
- Plan and execute all “traditional” events (post-pandemic or virtual), including our “Welcome Home” Reception for new graduates, “Homecoming Everywhere” and Bishop’s Birthday.
- Market events and opportunities through word of mouth, your own social media, your local ambassadors, to ensure participation from all generations of alumni.
- Find and develop unique opportunity(ies) to give back in your local community in a way that connects alumni with purpose (e.g.. a “Run for the Cure” team, a “Relay for Life” team, local shore cleanups, project builds like Habitat for Humanity, Food Bank drives, Ronald McDonald House, etc.)
The Support You’ll Receive:
- Quarterly calls with the Alumni Association Executive Committee to talk about successes and challenges, to ask for help, as well as discuss upcoming activities and brainstorm opportunities and the ongoing development of the alumni association.
- Event templates to assist with planning and execution.
- Social media, registration page and email support to drive participation for all events and local activities.
- Introductions to new graduates to assist in welcoming them to your local community.
- Introductions to proud alumni to assist in building out a team of ambassadors.
- Introductions to Jump leadership to ensure mutual success and collaboration.
- Executive Committee personal profile on the website, alumni magazine feature and social media announcement to help with your own personal brand and career.
- Virtual meeting access for any remote events.
- Tell us what you need! We’re fostering this community together and are always looking for new ideas.
A Successful Candidate Typically:
- Bleeds Purple
- Has a desire to make an impact
- Is an inclusive leader that can engage diverse alumni groups
- Is creative and high-energy
- Has excellent communication and organizational skills
- Is able to host a room and create a welcoming environment for all
- Will commit enough time to at least plan 4 events, while supporting programs like Jump
Term Commitment: 2 Years
Reports To: Bishop’s University Alumni Office and Alumni Association President/President-Elect
Be creative! Some people plan golf tournaments. Some do ski days. Some find impressive speakers or courses and create learning experiences for all that attend. This role is what you make it.
All Chapter Leaders will be required to submit a brief biography and picture at the beginning of their tenure. This content will be used on our website and social media platforms as a way to introduce the Leaders to the general alumni population.