Bishop’s Career Café
Welcome to Bishop’s Career Café – Online networking and mentorship
It’s time to jump into your purple network
It’s no secret that networking matters. 85% of jobs are filled through networking, and it’s often part of the job itself.
School is where your network begins, and we know that it can be tricky to start on your own and to keep at it. That’s why we’ve partnered with Ten Thousand Coffees to connect aspiring professionals.
All you need to do is find time in each other’s schedules to meet in-person, chat on the phone, or online with videoconferencing software.
Join Bishop’s Career Café to be matched with fellow students and alumni for career-driven conversation and smart networking.
Student or recent grad? Seek out mentors and start building your network now.
- Gain a better understanding of what careers are available with your degree.
- Develop your networking and communications skills through real-world practice.
- Build your network of Bishop’s alumni based on their industry and interests.
Alumni? Share your valuable life and career advice and grow your network.
- Help shape the careers of students and young alumni by sharing your career advice and experience.
- Develop your networking and mentoring skills through real-world practice.
- Build your network of other Bishop’s alumni and faculty based on your industry and interests.
How does it work?
2. Receive a match based on your area of study or industry, interests, and goals.
3. Meet for coffee through a video chat or a phone call. Up to you! Ask lots of questions, share your experience, and give or receive advice.
Whether you’re a student deciding what classes to take, or you’re an alum wanting to share your experience—Bishop’s Career Café is the place to do it.
Once you sign up to the platform, matches are made each month automatically and optimized to your preferences. Introductions are guided with suggested talking points.
Join Bishop’s Career Café to be matched with fellow students and alumni for career-driven conversation.
RBC Future Launch is RBC’s commitment to empower Canadian youth for the jobs of tomorrow. RBC is dedicating $500 million to help young people access meaningful employment through practical work experience, skills development, networking and access to mental well-being supports and services.